Looking for speakers under 3000.00 used

I am replacing my Martin Logan Ascent speakers. I like the sound but am looking for a larger sweet spot. My system is a Computer to Wyred 4 Sound DAC-2 DSDSE, Rowland Capri preamp and Pass 250.5 amp. Room is 16 x 18 with vaulted ceiling. I listen to all types of music and will use for watching some video. I was looking at Revel F52 and PSB Synchrony 1. Unfortunately where I live there are no audio stores where I can listen. I am hoping for some help from the audiogon community on this one.
Ag insider logo xs@2xpal

Showing 1 response by rlwainwright

The biggest sweet spots I have ever heard came from two very different speakers: Ohm and Gallo. The Ohms were the lowly Walsh 2s I bought using my salesman's comp. price and the Gallos (Reference 3.1s) I purchased here on Audiogon after hearing a pair at Dave Pogue's home.

Both speakers were amazing in that you could walk around the room and the image never "collapsed", the sweet spots are enormous. The Gallos are the better sounding IMHO, but those Ohms were damn good for what I paid - $225/pr.!!!

I paid about $1700 for my Gallos and they are worth every single penny - I plan on keeping them at least another decade...