Looking For 90% of the performane of the super expensive cables for much less money

I currently have a system which consists of Vandersteen 5A's, THor Audio TP-150 tubed monoblocks, Thor Line Stage and Thor phono stage, Marantz SACD player SA-114 and will take delivery of the VPI Prime Scout with a Sumiko EVOS 3 Cartridge. I am currently using LAT International Speaker Cables, Power Cords and Interconnects. (They are no longer in business). I am in immediate  need of turntable cables and would like to update my new speaker cables and interconnects. Not willing to spend thousands on this upgrade. Seeking to capture as much of the "magic" that the super expensive cables deliver but at a more realistic price point. I understand that I have really good quality equipment, but at this stage of my life cannot allocate mega dollars towards cables.
 Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

128x128kjl1065
dynaquest4,

I have also mentioned elsewhere on Audiogon that many may buy cables because of the looks, but my idea has not been noticed. Oh well, maybe some day...

I admit that I bought a pair of XLR interconnects just so they look "better" when placed where I do not even see them. Going from mid $10s to a few hundred. I accepted it was for the looks and it was worth to me on that level. The difference in the price was, to me, acceptable for that kind of game. As far as sound goes, if anything I would say it is "worse", but would not firmly claim that. The bad part was convenience. Pictures did not tell me that cables are not as flexible as the old ones.
herman
Geoff, you got me there, conductive liquid. A wonderful marketing spin but at the end of the day they are just transferring energy from one component to another. You will never convince me that the $20,000 + you would need to cable your system with them couldn’t be better spent on some other part of the system or room.

>>>>>Nor would I ever try to convince anyone who has already made up his mind. What’s the name for that? Oh, right, it’s being closed minded. 
I get the self help, group therapy thing going on here but unless your deaf, getting even lower level MIT cables can offer truly amazing results.  As I said, The Cable Co.  let’s you try before you buy !
ben77059
Geoffkait, why don’t you try a pair before posting as suggested?

>>>>>Why don’t I? Well, frankly, to be totally up front, I don’t actually use cables in my system. Consequently I’m not exactly in the market for cables. Best of luck, however.

I am currently using a twisted pair Duelund 12 ga. for my speaker cable with Kle banana plugs.  Was using them without connectors, but for switching components I decided to add the connectors with no sound degradation.  Previously, I had been using Acoustic Zen Satori cables and had A/B'd them with the Clear Day cables.  There wasn't enough of a change to go with the Clear Day cables and I like the Duelund best of all. 

I am also using the Audio Arts signature power cables with my components.  I bought these on a special some time ago and they were a good value.  I did a comparison with a $1,000 Shunyata PC.  There was a minor difference in the "flavor" but for at least double the price it was easy to stay with the Audio Arts cable.

I have some good things about the Oyaide interconnects buy I have not tried them.  I am currently using some older Harmonic Technology Magic cables with no desire to change.