Krell FPB 200c versus FPB 300c

After long audiotions, I have almost decided to buy a Krell FPB series amp, speakers will be Wilson Benesch Act One. I have auditioned the 300c which I like but it is a bit of a strecht for my budget. Has anybody heard the 200c? Any experience on their relative performance? Responses appreciated FC
fchurtic

Showing 1 response by vegasears

I have an older Krell 200 FPB and it drives Thiel 6’s and Acoustat Spectra 33(Old Electrostatic Speakers) to ear magic. As stated above, the FPB amps get hot, I mean REAL hot, but it is worth it. I did put in the “recommended” separate 20-amp circuit for the amp. If your speakers are hard to drive, requiring lots of current, the 200 should do a fine job.

I go my 200 FPB used. I think it was at the time three years old. Anyway after using it for a few months it started to smoke and shut down. I called Krell and gave them SN numbers. I said, “Ship us the amp and well check it out”. Well to make a long story short. The repair only cost me shipping one way! After dealing with various high-end companies for over 15 years it was a pleasure to get that kind of support. That kind of service has made me a Krell person for life.