Krell 400xi vs NAD M3 vs Music Fidelity A5 vs Naim

Hi,

I am an newbie, but I have been regular reader of the forums. I need to get an integrated amp to use with a SlimDevices Transporter and a pair of NHT Classic 3's,

I would like to choose between the integrated amps that I have been reading good things about.

Krell 400xi
Bryston B-100 SST
NAD M3
Music Fidelity A5
Naim Nait 5i

My musical preference is mostly rock, alternative rock and some classical.

Thanks,
Sunil
scherukat

Showing 1 response by leoaiantosca

NAD M3 Rules !!! I have had the Krell 300 and 400 series driving the Krell Resolution 3 Monitors ( which btw are so good I bought a second pair for the downstairs system). The M3 is far more musical, involving, and smooth. The Krells sound like industrial mechanical beasts in contrast. Forward as one post said is a bit of an understatement - in you face/skull is more like it. M3 has great pacing, rhythm, staging, and thereness that the Krell sorely lack. The build quality on the M3 is oustanding despite comments to the contrary - cheap build ? hardly !!! Have owned the spectrum of highend arc, rowland, krell, et al do not let the low brow bargain past positioning of NAD color your choice they are a serious player ready to compete with the giants at a less than giant price premium. This is the BEST BARGAIN IN 2 CH today.....