KEF Blade or Giya Kaya 90/G4?

Has anyone heard the new Giya Kaya or the other two speakers mentioned?  They are competitively priced.  I sense they offer much of the same sound parameters, open, uncolored sound with a large soundstage.  Hopefully, they also offer dense, full-bodied musically interesting mids and quick/deep bass.  Are they close to SOTA (the Giya 4 is supposed to be a smaller sounding version of the Giya 1 per critics) other than in dynamics?  Can they be successfully driven by Class A/B tube amps of 70 to 125 watts?  Does the vonSchweikert VR55 Aktive offer more at double the price?  
fleschler
I just made a decision today that puts an end to my ramblings about my speaker search for the office (a lot of wasted speaker research). Today, I messaged an A'Gon member with KEF Blade2 in a small room, 14 x 13. He told me his impressions, he has had Blade 1, KEF Ref3, and now Blade 2 in that room. He also heard the Blade 1 in a 15 x 12 room.  Long story short. I am going straight to the KEF Blade 2 and forget getting a smaller speaker for the office. It will be near-field of course but it can work. Life is too short to not get what I really want. I will eventually move the Blades to the living room once my toddler is a little older.  I will initially use the Benchmark AHB2 mono amps because they sound great and are a small form factor (important for office). I want to get the T+A 3100 integrated in the future once I move them to the living room.

Getting back to the Vivid. The Kaya is different and maybe better for someones needs. Look at the link below.

http://sunnyaudiovideo.com/

"The position of the tweeter and mid-range driver gives KAYA speakers a more directional sound, taking you deeper into the performance. "

This is likely the key point for me that I have heard a few times from Vivid on this new line. They are comparing the Giya and Kaya lines there. This is supposed to improve imaging. The Giya is supposed to have a bigger sound stage.  Technology moves forward along with knowledge of product development so there is a chance the newer Vivid tech is better than the older lower Giya models. 

Yyssantabarbera, you will be so happy with the Blade 2. They are extraordinary loudspeakers.

As we mentioned before we had both lines the Blades sound more like the mega dollar speakers so we at one time were contemplating the Vivid G1 for our reference room but ruled them out due to the similarities in design between the two lines, with the Blades offering sound in the same calibre for half the price of the big Giyas, other than more extreme bass response, we ruled out the Giyas because the performance of the Blades was that good.

In terms of design and technology these are both tour de force loudspeakers, we feell that the Blades are better than the Vivids for less money the Blade 2 compares to the Giya G3 which is a $40k loudspeaker. The other issue with the Vivids sound is that they are even more detailed then the Blades which makes them a bit more sensitive to any brightness in a system.

The Blades are a perfect balance between resolution, sound staging, bass tightnss and punch.

Dave and Troy
Audio Doctor NJ
Hi all,

New to the forum; just registered.

I am also looking at purchasing the KEF Blade Two.

A few weeks ago I attended a hifi event in Germany where I heard Vivid's Kaya 45 on Mola-Mola Kaluga monoblocks and a M-M Tambaqui DAC.

I was heavily impressed with their sound. The company that did the demo was the distributor for Vivid and Mola-Mola in the Netherlands (the country I live in). One of the NL dealers of this gear also happens to sell KEF, so for sure in the future I will visit them for an A/B comparison of the Kaya 45 and Blade Two.

That said, at the same German event I was blown away by a pair of speakers designed and manufactured in Switzerland by Sven Boenicke. His speakers are carved out of natural wood! Quite obviously they are less easily available (they have distribution in the US). Perhaps you guys can check out Boenicke's W8 or W11 in relation to the KEF Blade Two and Vivid Kaya 45 comparison.

Cheers,
Marcel
@crwindy 

What other speakers did you hear before deciding to get the vivid? 
I had Merlin VSM. I looked at focal 1128, Wilson Sabrina, Kef reference 1, focal sopra 1, Martin Logan ESL 11, Canton 3.2, acoustic zen crescendo, PSB imagine T3, Janszen Valentina, and others.
Previously owned Proac 1sc and D15.
Also listened to the Devialet speakers.
The Vivids just did something for me.
Audiodoctor Dave had a great selection.
He didn't necessarily agree with my choice but he was great and really helpful.
I know that the prior distributor is closing out some of his speakers and they look like great deals.
10 months later I am still very happy with my choice.