KD 500 w/ Grace 707 arm. Stylus type.

No way I'm trying to play with VTA or Azmth. So does that leave out shibata, microline etc. etc cartridges? Are conical or elliptical styli the best for this combo? Thanks in advance for all your replies.
128x128analogvm15

Showing 3 responses by analogvm15

Thanks! When I put the 707 on it was with  a Grado FTE+1? The hum was deafening. Switched out to a Radio Shack R27? Like a Shure M75 I think. No hum, sounds good. Just wondering what's out there. All the special styli seem to produce best if the tonearm is adjustable. Not doing that. Is what it is.
Thanks for all your replies! There is no way to adjust VTA or SRA on the fly with this tonearm. Not buying a new one. I'm fine with that. I agree that I need a high compliance cartridge. I was just wondering if I could get a high compliance cartridge with a Shibata or Microline stylus that would " plug in" which on this tonearm is a PITA. Everything I've read about those fancy styli are you need to dial them in for each record thickness ,etc. The one Grado I had produce tons of hum. The Shure is quiet. Again thanks. You guys/gals are the best.
Wow! Thanks so much for all the prompt and informative replies. I just found an unused Audio Technica LS 400 which I understand has high compliance and the possibility to upgrade to a  Shibata or Microline stylus. Thanks again for the help!