Is the Technics SP10R motor controller using a switching power supply

Hi,

Looking for inputs from owners of the SP10R turntable. Is the motor controller using a switching power supply and does it accept power inputs from 100v-240v?

I'm thinking of getting one from Japan but worried about the power input being only 100V. Unless it is an SMPS and is auto voltage. 

Hoping to hear from owners.

Thanks

ddriveman

It apparently does use a switching PS but I don’t know about the variability of the voltage.

This from the Technics website:

To reduce the noise reaching the pickup, the switching power supply is equipped with a unique technology that provides a voltage supply with minimal noise by a newly developed "unwanted noise reduction circuit".

@pindac 

What plinth do you use with your SP10R?

Can you see the back of your SP10R controller to see the inout voltage requirements please. 

I have FR66s and so am very interested in the Glanz 12". 

I use a Koetsu Coralstone Diamond 

This is copied from the online review linked below ("The external power supply is a switch-mode type, able to work on any mains voltage.").

Of course - confirm it with the manufacturer.

http://www.soundhifi.com/images/Technics%20SP10R%20HiFi%20World.pdf

DeKay

@ddriveman I do not own the SP10 R, it is a friends, this individual was initially a user of a Linn LP 12 that has many Upgrades included.  They purchased the SP10 R after being demonstrated my modified SP10 MkII. 

As for the TA Selection they were suppled a range of TA's to trial with the New un-plinthed  TT, mounting TA's on a Standalone Arm Pod.

I even loaned a SME IV to be trialed with other TA's, the 12" Glanz was the one that made the biggest impression.

This TT, is mounted in a Solid Aluminium Plinth produced by a machine shop to the owners dimensions, the TA remains mounted on a Pod.

My suggestion for you as a Plinth Material is to investigate the use of a Densified Wood such as, 'Panzerholz' or 'Permali'. To attain knowledge of this material early on in your planning will give a good footing for the future plans. I know from personal experience how valuable this Plinth  type is a addition to a DD, especially the Technics SP10 design.