Is OPPO worth the inflated price?

I've had my eye on the now discontinued OPPO UDP-205 for some time (more for playing my CD's than for video)  but am discouraged that units which last sold retail for $1299 are now asking $3500. Is this worth it and if so who are the buyers? Would appreciate the group's input. . 
hsc3md
I own the 205 and use it several times a week watching 4K movies through a 4K firestick. The video is outstanding!

However, for Cd I use the PS Direct Stream player/transport to my PS DS Dac.

The 205 is great for movies but the PS unit is outstanding for Cd’s.
For an all purpose one piece component it is pretty good. Maybe not $3500 good but more than the original price of $1200.

That’s probably why Oppo dropped the line, not enough profit per unit.

ozzy
You can contact Oppo if you call them they were still making them 
in small lots you prepay and they send you one ,or they will tell you 
when you getorder one ,give them a call ,samepricing.
There is the Sony 1000 that is very good ,and Yamaha has some 
very good players as well as Pionerr elite for under $1000
Please excuse me for breaking into this discussion.  Hearing this discussion about your OPPO 205 reminded me of my situation.  However, I do not know how to originate a discussion.  

I have an OPPO UPD 203 connected to an ARCAM AVR550 with a pair of Paradigm Prestige 85F towers.  When I set up my system I decided to stream TIDAL.  To eliminate signal breakup, I have direct wired the modem in my family room to my Apple TV in the family room by using CAD 6 cable and I direct wired the Apple TV using CAD6 to the back of my ARCAM.  Since then, I do not find myself using my OPPO to play CD's.  I wonder if anyone knows if I am sacrificing sound quality by streaming TIDAL as compared to playing CD's through my OPPO.  Also, when I do use the OPPO the dealer I purchased the ARCAM from suggested  I  connect the OPPO  with an RCA cable when playing CD's to improve sound quality.  However, doesn't this utilize the DAC in the OPPO rather the DAC in the OPPO?  This said, which has the better DAC, the OPPO or the ARCAM.  I also have the OPPO connected by HDMI to watch movies and I wonder when listening to CD's if I would improve sound quality by using the HDMI connection?   
Oppo Repair Service NYC/Long Island?

When it became clear that decoder boards were unavailable to repair my Cambridge 650BD player I purchased a used Oppo 95. The ad said it works fine and should arrive next week. I got the 95 because I presently need analog video connectivity until upgrading to OLED TV or better (otherwise I'd have jumped on the 105 and its neat headphone amp for monitoring movie sound quality). Oppo Support has no phone but said via email that they still service all Oppo BD players. Presumably therefore all of the most failure prone parts are still available.

But when repairs are needed rather than shipping to Menlo Park might there be authorized Oppo or otherwise highly experienced service companies in the New York metro area or Long Island? Ideally, they will also be knowledgeable and aggressive enough to quickly troubleshoot circuit faults to the (non-proprietary) component circuit level-which CA's outsourced factory service https://www.panurgyoem.com/ was apparently unwilling or unable to do with the now discontinued decoder boards they said killed my player.

And thanks to Panurgy and Cambridge I also ended up initially wasting very serious money on a new transport mechanism which obviously didn't need replacing on this brick.

https://www.google.com/search?source=hp&ei=K3b5XJvLFOeyggfw75ugCw&q=panurgy+oem&oq=panurgey+&gs_l=psy-ab.1.0.0i13l7j0i13i30l3.2173.6041..7757...2.0..0.116.824.12j1......0....1..gws-wiz.....0..0i131j0j0i10.twEWogap-sk#lrd=0x89c3097c4ac5fc35:0xee6485492353ef8a,1

Of course, I'll ship the 95 to Oppo if that's clearly the best move though it’s nice to have more local but very reliable options.

And please share any feedback and experience about Oppo US Service Support.