Is anyone thinking about building Walsh drivers?

I'm hoping to start a discussion that is not charged with emotion that may be useful to folks seeking to build Walsh transmission line drivers.
Any of you out there played with this seriously?
J-
glorocks
"Living presence indeed! You need a Walsh to get it."

Yes, would have to agree.

I just received the 51 CD MLP box set and am in process of ripping to music server. I am looking forward to quite a treat!

If you take a good MLP recording to the limit with OHMs or similar wave bending Walsh speakers in general, you are sitting pretty for pretty much everything else IMHO. And it does not have to cost a small fortune to accomplish either! I really do not know of any other way to accomplish that practically?

THe wave bending and how that enables a single driver to function wide range coherently and with 360 degree dispersion so efficiently is the key it seems to me.

When I consider the physics behind this, it makes a lot of sense in terms of getting the most possible out of a dynamic cone driver.

Lincoln Walsh was worlds ahead of his time! Not sure anybody else has come up with a better way yet even after all these years.

In my mind John Strohbeen and OHM are one of the best kept secrets out there in the high audio world. Other than the sound of the speakers these days, nothing about OHM screams "high end".

I find the whole thing quite fascinating and I admire John Strohbeen immensely as a guy who is obviously brilliant but knows how to keep his ego in check and just let his products and customer service speak for themselves.
I just heard the tls 5 dale is talking about. I'm fortunate to be in Cleveland and to get to hear them. They are some of the clearest speakers I've ever heard. Plus some how he was able to crossover with no audiable issues. I a/b'd them with the big brother tls4 and they do hold there own. obviously the tls4 has better bass but my god these are amazing and truely compact in size. I ordered a set on the spot. I also have his tls4's. My wife will like the smaller size for the den and now I can move the tls4's to my bigger living room where they really belong. Beleive me you won't be sorry if you pick up a set of these for a smaller room.
Dear Sir,
My name is Stefan Wesolowski. I live in FT Worth, TX USA my mobile 703 499 6236. I have an original working MINT pair of Lincoln Walsh OHM "A" speakers.
I know of only 5 other persons on this planet that have a working pair. I would like to join your search for more info regarding the OHM A's.
Thank you.
Best regards,
Stefan
Hi Stefan,
Your search is over, IMHO. I beleive I can provide you with whatever you seek regarding the True Walsh speakers.

My mane is Dale Harder and I own and operate HHR Exotic Speakers in Cleveland Ohio. Our product line, the TLS series, 1, 2, 4, and 5 pick up where the old A, F and G, left off.

We can even re-manufacture the originals and bring them up to state of the art specs, almost as good as our TLS line.

Check us out at www.hhr-exoticspeakers.com or give me a call at 440-888-02163.

I would be happy to help you.

BTW, you can see one of our systems and some of our products here on A-gon under virtual systems, ever evolving, page 2, "My Walsh Dream"

Kind regards,
Dale Harder
Is anyone still bothering to look at this thread?

I've been tinkering with DIY Walsh 'clones' and would be happy to trade thoughts, asides, and whatever else comes to mind in the process