Integrated Amps vs. Separates.

I'm curious what people think the better option is, integrated amp or seperates. It seems that integrated amps are a cost cutting measure, but do they also cut sonic quality? Assuming similiar price ranges, what would people here generally choose. Give me some examples/brands/models and comparisions from your experiences. Thnaks. Carter p.s. Is the Krell KAV 300i really the king of integrateds like many reviewers say (i.e not only better than all other integrated amps but better than most seperates)?
mailman199

Showing 1 response by mailman199

This has turned out to be a great thread. Thanks everyone for their input. The important part of my original post was the "in the same price range" part. I'm on a budget(as most of us are), and I just wondered were the money would be better spent(seps or integrateds). I have to agree that I think an integrated amp is the way to go for me. I'm looking at the Sim 5080 and I-5, Audio Refinement Complete, and some Jolida stuff. I think one of these will fill the bill well. I think that whatever I pay for one of these units I will get more bang for my buck than if I were to go with same price range seperates. Oh ya, I'm assumiung used prices for all. The mailman