IGBT Identifying

Here's an esoteric question...is there a way to visually identify IGBT transistors when they're installed in an amp? I have one of the last of the Forte' amps (Model 55) and was told it has MOSFETs instead of the IGBTs that Forte' used in a lot of amps. The manual says IGBTs...is there a way to tell from the markings on the transistors themselves? Thanks in advance.
Ag insider logo xs@2xwolf_garcia
Hi Wolfie,

If the markings are visible, one of them will hopefully be the manufacturer's part number, which will probably consist of a string of half a dozen or so (perhaps more) letters and numbers.

Just enter that part number into Google, and you'll probably find a link to the manufacturer's data sheet.

Best regards,
-- Al