If you own quality monitor speakers you want to read this new review

Today, my review on the NSMT 20M Armada speaker was just posted on Stereo Times. It will give you all the details regarding way this two piece (Monitor mounted on a band-pass active sub-woofer pedestal) is a superlative full range speaker.

However, if you love your monitor speakers you owe to yourself to read the details that explain the difference between adding a pair of sub-woofers vs. a pair of band-pass sub-woofers, because their effect will transform your monitors seamlessly into a full range system. Not just bass extension, but because of how a band-pass active sub-woofer fills in the power range (lower mid-range/upper bass) and also pressurizes your room so all the ambient cues that create, both power deep accurate bass and a vast panoramic layered sound-stage. I ran a detailed extensive process involving over ten monitor speakers with a pair of excellent sub-woofers compared to the MSNT band-pass sub-woofer pedestals, and every time the sonic "magic" took place that was quite different then using a pair of sub-woofers. If you own Harbeth or other highly regarded British monitors you will be amazed what will take place in your listening room. There is also a detailed explanation that lays out the difference between an active band-pass design and a normal sub-woofer.   Terry London/Teajay
amorstereo
I guess the editor will come in at some point and clean up your writing?       

" The pair shipped to me for review wherein a beautiful walnut hand-rubbed grain."
"I was feeling the psychical ambient air pressure waves as much as hearing the bass notes."

"So, suppose you love Harbeth Speaker's house sound and want to get very close to their $24,000 full-range reference, get one of their smaller monitors, and mount it on the NSMT pedestal for a lot less money! By the way. In that case, I have in-house two pairs of excellent subwoofers."
Etc.
I would like to see a more rigorous explanation with data, graphs, etc. to confirm why this design is superior to a standard sealed or open baffle servo subwoofer.

Here is what the first review says:

The cabinet design is unusual. It is constructed of ¾” formaldehyde-free MDF; top and bottom painted in satin black; front, back and sides veneered in black cloth. The driver is mounted horizontally on an internal shelf (which also braces the cabinet)—so the rear of the driver sees a sealed cavity. The front of the driver sees a tuned-port cavity and the front-firing port is 4.625” in diameter to minimize “chuffing” at high sound pressures. The upper—acoustic suspension—half of this design provides a better transient response than any ported cabinet; while the lower—ported—half of the design provides a passive 12 dB/octave bandpass filter. Unlike most designs, the 15EXP is not dependent on digital signal processing and will perform very well without it. The illustration shows its response curve without any electronic processing—it is flat within a few decibels within its passband. This is remarkable performance.

The main function of the internal amplifier is to eliminate an additional load on the system amplifiers—I am aiming at a “flat” response and have the subwoofer volume set about 15° from zero gain. The 15EXP has had a long evolution beginning before DSP became commonplace, and this acoustical heritage accounts in part for its ease of system integration. It is not designed to rattle the windows (although it certainly has that capability); it is designed to provide an unobtrusive, integral and natural extension to the frequency range of the main loudspeakers, and it does this without dependence on DSP. Mr. Ricketts writes that, “Without the electronic contouring of the frequency response most active subwoofers would be unlistenable...the 15EXP subwoofer achieves exemplary, linear frequency response primarily through the natural and harmonious mating of its high quality driver and its sophisticated bandpass cabinet design.””

http://v2.stereotimes.com/post/nsmt-armada-system-20m-monitors,--sandbag-stands,-15exp-subwoofers

I am mostly retired now from being involved in the audio industry.
I ran a retail location of a small chain that sold Krell Threshold Thiel Martin Logan and Dunlavy. 
We also designed and installed custom car stereo systems including a band pass box designed by one of our installers that sounded really good. While the large 15 in subs would move the building they never had that mid bass punch that (The Terry Smith  Box) provided nor did the big woofers blend into the midrange like the bandpass 8s did. The preponderance of bass info is from 100hz and up..thats the punch and life of what we hear in most music.
The other big problem with larger woofers and their enclosure is the box itself is a passive radiator. So when you set your crossover point at 80hz..your box will have harmonics radiating acoustic energy into the room. The box design matters and is a major obstacle to articulate and clean bass. DSP may help in someways but there will always be harmonics that will interfere with midrange clarity. Interfering energy can always get in the way and become part of the intended music signal.
Tom