I’m looking to upgrade my Magnum Dynalab MD106T???

I am wanting to upgrade my Magnum Dynalab MD106T tuner. It must have balanced outputs and doesn’t need to be a tube tuner. My current MD106T sounds nice but I’m wanting to upgrade. Any advice on a nice tuner to upgrade to would be appreciated. My 106T is nice sounding but I wonder what nicer is out there.
128x128mitchb

Showing 1 response by glennewdick

Your probably going to have to find a vintage one to get better IMO. a restored vintage high end tuner is something to have a listen to.

this site had some interesting information on tuners getting a little old now but still relevant. https://www.fmtunerinfo.com/

Sansui  TU-X1 Is one of the best your going to find at any price IMO. Mind you I'm not sure if it has Balanced out. But there are others made when radio was more prevalent and tuners were a staple. now they are a addon or second thought.  I started my tuner journey with a MD 105 earlier version years ago and now lust after a Sansui TU-X1 after hearing one in a friends mega buck AudioNote system. My current Sansui TU 717 (moded) is a great tuner but not in the same league as the TU-X1.  

I've run a restored vintage tuner in my system for many years and have not found much that can beat it including a few Magnum Dynalab.  tuners.  I'm pulling in NPR in Seattle from Vancouver island (Victoria) 60mils away perfectly clear and great sounding. I do use a Magnum Dynalab aerial.