I get a "clicking" on some of my burnt CD's, why?

When I burn cd's, some of the burnt discs end up with a clicking sound on some of the tracks. Does anyone have any ideas why this is happening?

Thanks
whatsthisone
Try listening to your cd through your computer's CD-rom before burning. I had the same problem and discovered that it was the CD-rom and not the burner. Also, while burning a disc, it's imparative not to do anything on your computer. Everytime you open and close a program or web page, a click or pop may occur on your burn.
Whatsthisone,

what digital audio extraction and burning software are you using?

are you burning disc to disc?
I am using Adaptec, easy cd creator 4. I usually burn disc to disc. The clicking noise actually is not from the burn. If I rip the disc to the hard drive, the same clicking noise is on the disc. Even when I reburn the disc, or borrow the same disc and burn it, the clicking still remains. I think it is the CD-rom, if so, should I just replace it?
I experienced the same thing. It seemed to sometimes get gradually worse, sounding like wood crackling in a fireplace, until it finally crescendoed with a big pop. Then it would usually disappear. The crackling was part of the recording. No one could give me a definitive explanation of why it was happening but I eventually concluded that it was the cd rom used to extract the wav-files. I ended up buying a plextor cd burner - which are reviewed as being the best for burning in terms of audio quality and reliability. I use the burner to both extract the files to the harddrive and then to burn the cd. I also use verbatum cdr's. I haven't had a bad burn since.
I use exact audio copy. I have found though that if you burn you audio cd's back out to the cdr too fast you can run into problems. All audio cd's I burn at at 4x max.