How much better is the Krell 400xi compared to the

How much better is the Krell 400xi(200w) compared to the Krell 300i (150w) people? Sound quality and overall performances?

Thanks
rapogee

Showing 6 responses by andrewdoan

I owned the 400Xi and I cannot be happier to match it with the Krell CDP kav 280. Love to have the SACD Standard but don't want to cough up 4000.00 for a new unit and not used to with used market. Nothing wrong with used market, but I prefer buying new. Anyway, I have sold one of my 400xi to another Audiogon member month ago and He just e-mailed to tell me how wonderful it sounded. Evidently, he must be very happy with it. I am trying to go separated and trying to sell my second 400Xi but he convinced me enough to take my sale ad. for the second 400xi off the market. Aahmed, thank you for being a good audiophile and your advise is well-taken.
I owned the 400Xi and I cannot be happier to match it with the Krell CDP kav 280. Love to have the SACD Standard but don't want to cough up 4000.00 for a new unit and not used to with used market. Nothing wrong with used market, but I prefer buying new. Anyway, I have sold one of my 400xi to another Audiogon member and He just e-mailed to tell me how wonderful it sounded. Evidently, he must be very happy with it. I am trying to go separated and trying to sell my second 400Xi but he convinced me enough to take my sale ad. for the second 400xi off the market. Aahmed, thank you for being a good audiophile and your advise is well-taken.
How's about the re-sale value? Currently, 400xi listed for 1600.00 uo to 1700.00 with 1 year or less of usage. The discontinued, vintaged 300i listed average 1100.00 with average 6 to 8 years of usage. It's the question of re-sale value and the marketability of the current unit vesus vintage unit. Don't we have the upgrade desire every once a while?
I have compared the 400xi and the combo Sp16 pre with 4 Bsst amp and I have to say the 400xi comes very closed. Open, clean, sweet and warm. The 400xi mid-range is not quite open and rich as the Sp16/ 4 Bsst combo but very close. I did hear more detail background from the Sp16/ 4 Bsst. In the All for you cd, with the Sp16/ 4 Bsst I can hear clearly the drum brush on the background but only faint sound with 400xi.A $2500.00 intergrated hold itself against $5,500.00 combo with its own decency. Not bad Krell !
Infofuma, I own 400xi and I love it as much as my SP16/ 4Bsst combo even though the 400Xi is not quite as detail and open as the above combo. A $2500.00 intergrated holds itself pretty good against $5,500.00 combo that is impressive. If it is in perfect condition and you want to get rid of it at a loss, you know how to contact me. I am an audio junkie who loves the baby Krell more than some separates and I may have the use another 400Xi.
Tuanngo, sorry! It's a typo.I meant " Indofunka" . An old man tried to type wihtout reading glass, that's what happened.