How can anyone want more......Just a very happy listener.

I have recently listened to the best of Genesis, Dire Straits, Krall, Sinatra, Presley, Miles, Keb Mo, Floyd, Zep, Stones, and so much more, and I am so happy with my system. Why do people need to spend 40K on speakers, and, the same on amplification. Equipment : Modified Adcom GDA 700. Luminous Audio Walker passive , Nuforce STA 200, Modified Klipsch Lascalas, and powered subs ( a secret ). There is absolutely nothing, at this particular time, that I want more of. I have Dynamics, Tone, Coherence, Prat, Imaging, the whole shebang. I sit 10 ft from the speakers, and, I am so " involved " with my recordings, that I cant imagine any one not wanting the sound that I have, for relatively little money. Thoughts ? Enjoy ! MrD.
mrdecibel
mantaman

My Grandson still has my AR-3a speakers, and is more than satisfied with them.  
Hi all, I started this thread, because, at one time, a long time ago, I owned equipment such as Krell, Audio Research, Martin Logan, and plenty more top rated and top dollar equipment. My current system, with modifications, cables, etc., is less than 10K, and so many folks here spend that much on a single component. I sold my phono equipment and my 5000 record collection several years ago, as I just lost patience with it all ( it was musically excellent ). Same with tube equipment ( and this is with horns ). I feel that today’s high end is uber expensive, so very out of proportion than long ago, and I know you can say that about many things. My next endeavor will be streaming, as, this is the future. I appreciate all of the responses above, and agree with much of it. I have sold so much of my equipment collection lately, because, I did not need several systems worth of gear I was never going to listen to, nor put money into ( new caps, etc. ). I will miss a few pieces, such as my Ampzilla, Strellioff and Bedini 25/25 amps, my Gale 401 and Leak 2075 speakers, and my Fisher 500C, as these brought me much enjoyment throughout the years. Anyway, Enjoy everyone ! MrD.
mrdecibal,

No problem.  Sorry, I was just pulling your leg a little. I'm sure you listen to a wide range, and even if you didn't it wouldn't matter - it's no one's business to tell us what we like to listen to.  (I listen to some stuff that other people would find horrendous, or cheesy).

It's good to see a satisfied audiophile though.  Pretty rare occurrence. 
Hopefully it lasts for a while :)
*G* Sounds like another case of "Ready Player One"...enhance/enhance/enhance/ad infinitum -or- until you realize that either the fascination was in the pursuit itself...or,,,perhaps, it's just You.

It's OK....we age, and the final link in the 'system' can't be enhanced or upgraded.  The carrot will continue to dangle, tempting, calling "...maybe Here...(or is it Hear...*smirk*).

"Run what you brung."  The old street-racing comment...there's Always going to be Something that's going to leave you at the light...;)

Have a good weekend,, y'all.
@mrdecibel  You question is not just about sound, is it about life.
you fall in love in you  gear, and you dont want look around.
to change you mind  you have to listen you gear with different element,most important to build the sound ---speakers, if you live close to NYC or NJ i can bring my Tribeca-001. just to compare