How can anyone want more......Just a very happy listener.

I have recently listened to the best of Genesis, Dire Straits, Krall, Sinatra, Presley, Miles, Keb Mo, Floyd, Zep, Stones, and so much more, and I am so happy with my system. Why do people need to spend 40K on speakers, and, the same on amplification. Equipment : Modified Adcom GDA 700. Luminous Audio Walker passive , Nuforce STA 200, Modified Klipsch Lascalas, and powered subs ( a secret ). There is absolutely nothing, at this particular time, that I want more of. I have Dynamics, Tone, Coherence, Prat, Imaging, the whole shebang. I sit 10 ft from the speakers, and, I am so " involved " with my recordings, that I cant imagine any one not wanting the sound that I have, for relatively little money. Thoughts ? Enjoy ! MrD.
mrdecibel
I'm looking for a total-immersion experience. I'd like my system to totally override the reality which is my room and replace it with the artists vision. In my current dwelling, this is not going to happen without chemical assistance. May have to move back to Nevada.
Mr.Decibel.....what are you doing on this website??  You've achieved what none have done here..... satisfaction?   what's that!!  

Because we are all different? And have different musical and listening criteria, different financial means, etc.

I have a friend who feels exactly the way you do about his system. But it does very little for me at all.

BTW, that’s a pretty classic audiophile line up of music you listed. Are you sure you are listening to the music, and not using the music to listen to your system? ;-)

Glad to see you are happy, though.
Because its a hobby and they can.
If I had unlimited funds and time to do nothing much else, I might even be crazy enough to do it but meanwhile I sweat out every dime I spend because like you what I have fits my quite demanding needs in most every way these days and its hard to justify spending more what with a kid to still go to college and all.
Still it did take me many years and over 5 digits invested in hifi gear total to get to my current happy place, so there you go.
prof, what ? I listen about an hour a day. I listen to the music, and my system allows me to, happily. My system seems to not be there. I have a nice chunk of change if I wanted to get more expensive gear. As I said in my post, I have been there and I have done that. I know many individuals who listen, only, to audiophile recordings. Many of the shows I attended, the music played was rather boring. But audiophile. I have some of those, but I listen to everything. My system is for the enjoyment of music, not the other way around. I hope it is the same for you. I suppose I am lucky. I read posts and threads here, and would not change a thing for the equipment that many people have. Enjoy ! MrD.