How are you hearing no difference?

In my experience, I've never heard two pre-amps that sound exactly the same, nor two DACs that sound the same, nor two amps...etc. Yet, occasionally someone will claim that they heard no difference between Product A and Product B in their system.  I find it difficult to believe.
128x1284hannons
I think this discussion is purely academic. By far, majority of people can tell the difference between a good sounding system and a great sounding one. It’s the so-called audiophiles that look for small incremental improvements which may or may not be apparent to an average person.
bigjoe
... 1st off Agon isn't going to allow any peer reviewed white papers to be posted that disprove 90% of audiophile snake oil ...
I think you are mistaken. I've never seen any indication that Audiogon limits content in the fashion you describe.

Of course, I'm not aware of any "peer reviewed white paper" that would disprove 90 percent of audiophile snakeoil.

Can you provide any evidence of either of these claims, bigjoe?

I know also time is a factor as well, I've listened to components I'm interested in and thought they sounded better because they did have more of this and that. but long term I wasn't listening to music anymore I was listening to what that component did well. Then you realise your only listening to the few things that component does well and not the whole, that's when you realise your not listening to music anymore but the components. That's why I have to live with something longer then a few days to get a whole picture, is that picture the music or the component? When I'm fully engaged in the music the component doesn't mater anymore that's what I look for. I was stuck in the listening to components wheel for a long time then I re-found music and stopped listening to the components and listened to weather that component brought me closer to the music and the musical engagement.

only advice I can give a new audiophile is don't listening to components listen to the music and weather you are engaged in the musical event.

There are so many factors involved it’s almost absurd. You got your time of day, you got your day of the week, you got weather conditions, I.e., high low pressure system/rain soaked ground, mistakes in the system, hearing issues, among many others.