HELP, Pls - re Automatic Turntables, Vintage/New

Am new to Audiogon but most impressed with the expertise reflected in these posts... Hope you can help me. I'm looking to replace a vintage Denon DP-52F turntable (fully automatic), owned by my 90-year old father.

My dad is an avid audiophile who has traded well over the past 50+ yrs... System includes Audio Research receiver (no model # on face but its '80s-era combination tube & transistor unit), McIntosh MC2505 Power Amp & a McIntosh 2100 amp, McIntosh MR-67 FM tuner (tubes), 2 original Altec-Lansing VOTT speakers (A7s), and 2 Tannoy speakers, one being the classic GRF Corner Horn.

Turntable has been the weakest link... In part because, as he's aged, hands have become unsteady; he needs an automatic table to position the arm for him.

Would be MOST grateful for suggestions on possible replacements for his DP-52F Denon. Have thought to look for other vintage/automatic Denons, but parts availability seems to range from spotty to nil. Have also considered Technics, such as SL-1300MK2/1600MK2... But apparently they have common problem with cueing & auto-lift(costly fix).

Any thoughts on other makes/models to look for -- vintage or new -- would be appreciated. We have a modest budget (up to perhaps $600, give or take)... But dearly hope to find something that will sound as good as that old Denon.

Many thanks!!!
jarthur

Showing 1 response by tubes108

Speaking of auto 'tables. My dad has a Markel turntable that plays both sides of an LP automatically, without flipping over the LP. It can stack up to 6 records enabling listening to 12 sides without leaving your chair. Get one of these and you can still use an automatic 'table. Alas this beautiful mechanical marvel from the 1950s, which as I recall also plays 78s, will not improve the sound of that fine system you have.

How do you like your Tannoy speakers?