Help diagnose problem with my amp

I have been using a Myryad SS integrated amp (MI-120, 60 watts/channel) in my system with ProAc D15's for a few years now. I have been plugging the amp into an Ensemble Isolink then to the wall. Last week, the volume has dropped by a quarter of the dial! I checked all connections etc. and nothing appears amiss. It's not just one speaker, both speakers now play at a far softer volume at 9 o'clock on the dial, which previously was plenty loud and detailed. I now have to turn the volume up to 12 o'clock for acceptable listening levels of depth, body and detail. This morning I wondered if somehow the Isolink had begun muting the amp's current, so I unplugged the amp from it and ran the power cord straight to the wall but no change. Any ideas?
sc53

Showing 2 responses by uru975

With a tube amp I would assume a tube had blown with ss losing a transistor or resistor network is less likely but possible, how old is it, is it kept on continuously, can you get a measurement on the output voltage to check this?
Just some random thoughts
Your amp came out in 1996 so it is max 15 years old. Call the company and see how old it is by serial number, that will give you a date for age. Tell them what has happened and they should be able to tell you in the ball park.
Depending on where it blew, if something blew, yes it could affect both channels, especially if it happened in the preamp section. Do you have another amp or preamp to stick in the circuit? How long have you had it? Something is not getting the gain it needs but if turned up high enough the signal comes through to the level you want.