GoldenEar Triton Reference for a large room...

Hi All:

i'm moving into an apartment with a large living room and am considering the GoldenEar Triton Reference speakers.

the issue with the large room (34 ft x 24 ft) is that there is a connected dining room nearby, and it is essentially open to each other, no doors, merely separated by one fireplace, so the bass will "leak" over to the dining room.  furthermore, the dining room has a wide hallway that leads to the kitchen, and there is also no doorway separating the dining room and the kitchen.

with all these connected spaces, my concern is that the bass would be lost or somehow discounted to a degree.  with that in mind, i am thinking of getting the References rather than the GoldenEar 1.R model, as the References have more robust bass drivers.

may i please ask the good folks here for thoughts, ideas, comments?

thank you in advance.

dualmonitors

I had the GE References about 4 years ago and traded them in about a year later.  They were fine for HT but the highs were very fatiguing with music. 

Honestly no idea how they would sound with the Anthem AVR. I know that’s one of the better ones but not in the same ballpark as good separates or integrated designed for 2 channel IMO. I’m sure it would be acceptable but not up to par of what they are capable of. If your worried about home theater there are some integrated amps and some preamps that have a home theater bypass. 

@gimmeroc:  thanks for your comment.

this is the very first opinion that i've ever read that the References have fatiguing highs!

may i ask if anyone else found either the 1.R or the References to be fatiguing as well please?  

i ask about those two models because they share the same tweeters with the higher gauss magnets.

other models as well: are the other models' tweeters fatiguing too?

haven't heard about fatiguing highs till now!

When I auditioned my T1r’s they were hooked up to a Prima Luna Integrated with CD’s and there was no fatigue in the 2 hours I was there and they surprised me for how good they were. I bought them. I use a VAC Renaissance 70/70 tube amp to drive them and it works wonderful. I got your message but when I tried to reply AG said it was against some rules and were reporting me-WTH? What I suggested is you call Upscale Audio and talk to them, they are the distributor for GE and you can ask them about all your concerns and if they will work with your amp. My dedicated listening room is 14' x 18' with 6.5' ceilings. (Basement) so the T1r's are plenty and I didn't want to get too close to the ceiling with taller speakers.