Gauging interest in a 2008 Continuum Caliburn

Hello All,

I have been contacted by the widow of a fairly well known audio manufacturer and importer.  She has asked for assistance with selling a 2008 Model Caliburn.  It was used at a few CES shows from 2008 until 2012.  It is stored in the flight cases and there are also some additional boxes with the wood shelves, vacuum motor etc.  it will be a lot of work to unpack, set up and test the 'Table.  IT includes the arm, and optional base.  Unsure if it has the  Minus K platform.   I am really at this point gauging the interest level in a world class but older 'Table.

Located in an Atlanta area suburb.

128x128meadowman

As with everything, there will be an interest at the right price.  There have been at least two different Caliburns listed on this site for sale in the past 1 year, and neither have sold.  There's probably a reason for that:  technology may have moved on, making these more obsolete, since "everyone" wants an Air Force Zero these days; and more reasons to boot.  You will find a buyer, but it probably won't be at a price that you like. 

I believe I know who this widow is. Thank you for helping her with the table.

The best way to sell it would be to put it on the usual sites (including here) and be prepared to lower the price until it hits the market value, whereby it will sell. This sounds simplistic, but the value of anything is tied to what a qualified buyer will pay for it....not what someone else believes it is worth! ( similar to what drbond stated above..and which is great advice!)

Also, keep in mind that the table referenced above is for sale in the UK, which may have something to do with why it has not sold-- so far.( shipping costs, customs etc.,) ( or not??).

Realistically reach out to the resellers that are in business of shipping, testing, and restoring the device.  They also would have knowledge of the customer base that would be interested.  I would expect they would have to make an offer at a serious discount to cover the work and carrying cost of the item

Thanks to all who have replied.  The crux here is that I am going to be the one to do the set up, connection, testing and show the 'table in operation for any potential buyers.  This post is intended to gauge interest before I list the 'table for sale.  On the Audiogon platform.  Just getting it out of the flight cases and assembling it is a 2-3 person job and will likely take a day.  I will contact Continuum with the details to see if they can advise if the Minus K platform was ever fitted and ask if they can provide a set up manual.

A turntable that expensive by a small manufacturer that has been discontinued is a very hard sell. Hi Fi gear is a terrible investment. The more you spend the worse it gets.