Gamut M250 MK3

I got a pair of Gamut M250 Mk3 mono-blocks that went in place of a D200 mk3. They were installed yesterday, and worked fine for a day. This morning I turned on the amps to warm up. A bit later I went back to the listening room and heard a very loud hum. First I looked out the window for a garbage truck; then put my ears against the speakers. Nothing there. It was coming from the amps. Power-cycle of both amps confirmed that both were making that noise, though one was louder than the other. About 10 minutes later the noise was gone. I have a feeling that this might be one of those intermittent problems that's difficult to track down, but I do want to get to the bottom of it while they're in warranty. To other owners of the M250, have you ever experience such a problem?
ping2357

Showing 6 responses by samtse

i used Gamut M250 mklll about two years,every day 4to6hours.nothing happen like that,so i suggest send back the amp to dealer.
Hi Ping,i also using tube pre(aesthetix) with my GamuT amp.which tube pre are using now?
I didn't compare.but both amp is good.and if you buy PASS amp,you need to concern the impedence because it's low.
M250 of course bass control and extension is better than D200,also micro dynamic is better than D200.
I never use and listen Tannoy GRF,so i don't know.but i think if you can have a M250 mklll for a good price,i think it's worth because you don't need change amp on future.M250 mklll can drive most of speaker in the world.