Focal 936 K2 compared to Q Acoustics Concept 500?

I'm looking seriously at buying one of these two sets of speakers. Anyone compare them?

I will get a new amp soon to match whichever I choose. (budget for the amp will be around $5-6,000.)

The room would probably be considered too big for either one.

chinook9

Both are excellent speakers and drift slightly forward.  I have heard the Focals driven by a Krell power amp, I heard the Qs driven by Cyrus.  Both have great staging and deliver a high level of detail.  Neither is particularly difficult to drive and both are great values.  I think I like the Q a hair better but that is my personal preference and worth what you paid for it.  It may be that I think the Q has a slightly deeper bass response.  

It is tough to go wrong with either.  

I ended up buying the Concept 500s. Memorial Day sale pushed me to go ahead and make the move.  Should be here early next week.

The Music Room had a Memorial Day sale.  Call them up and see what Nick can do for you.

Im curious to know whether the K2 update makes a difference versus the earlier versions of the various Focal speakers.  Anyone tried new K2 vs old on the same model speaker?

I have read that those who have heard both find a significant difference.  Google it and check youtube reviews of the K2.

Could you share in a private message what you paid for the QA Concept 500? Thank you