Everybody’s Top 5 - Vinyl

Been reading what’s on everyone’s turntable tonight and got to wondering…what’s your top 5?

Here’s mine:
Dire Straits-Dire Straits
Fleetwood Mac-Tusk
The Police-Ghost In The Machine
Eric Clapton-Unplugged
Tom Petty-Wildflowers And All the Rest

Ag insider logo xs@2xrjlownote
Current top 5:

Fleetwood Mac - Future Games
The Good, The Bad & The Queen (self-titled)
Died Pretty - Free Dirt
Mellow Candle - Swaddling Songs
Pete Townshend - Empty Glass
Led Zeppelin I
Derek and The Domino’s Fillmore
Stones Sticky Fingers
Allman Brothers Fillmore
Humble Pie Fillmore
Any of The Beatles, Hendrix, Joplin
Mijostyn:

Really? Get a life, will you?

I saw Thompson perform live a couple summers back, at Levon Helm’s place in Woodstock. His son was there performing also.

He did Who Knows Where The Time Goes.
In my humble opinion, he is a great musician and yet his work after Fairport does little to move me.

Music is not just about skill and technique.

Btw, I have a first press copy of Liege and Lief that was autographed by Sandy Denny in the 1970s when Fairport performed at My Father’s Place in Long Island. My girlfriend at the time obtained it in the ladies room during intermission, unbeknownst to me, for a surprise birthday gift.

I’m not really into fetishizing things like autographs, but it was a wonderful gesture by my girlfriend. It sat in my collection for 40+ years, and for some reason I thought: maybe it would be nice to get RT’s autograph next to hers, so I brought it with me.

It didn’t happen. Levon Helm’s staff treated me like I was a leper, … or worse, like a Trump supporter.

Btw, I have about a half dozen RT albums, solo and with Linda. Obligatory, you know? 
Spiritofradio: put a sock in it, will you? He asked for 5. Unreasonable I know. But we don’t need the Library of Congress.