ELAC - Adante... what’s the verdict?

Heard these at Axpona...  

However I’m amazed no one is talking about them, now that they’re out at dealers.  
contuzzi
Canibefrank
where are the active Argo speakers? anybody seen them for sale?

At Rocky Mountain Audio Fest 2018, Andrew Jones and another guy said they were on a ship on the way here. I have reached out to every ELAC dealer I can find and have gotten two responses:

-Tim from audioadvisor.com advised me they would have them by late November.

-Neal Berg from soundsciencecat.com said they should arrive by mid November, and that he's placed an order... After speaking with ELAC, apparently he is the first and only dealer so far to have an order in.

Considering it won a Best of CES 2018 award, I'm surprised more dealers aren't publishing the specs from their dealer portal and doing pre-orders.

I heard the Adante at CanJam and was somewhat impressed by them... Mostly the lesser amount of beaminess which is my complaint about a three way bookshelf I build recently.. Unfortunately nothing was played with sub bass during the time I was listening (EX: "Why So Serious" has sub bass around 3:20.)

The Argo however was my favorite at the show... Closest sounding thing to a powerful floorstander, and even a 1.5' below my head level, the trumpets in "Main Theme - Jurassic Park" on the John Williams Greatest Hits album came through. I leaned forward and lowered my head to test the more direct response and it was very similar: The trumpets weren't too peaky during the later part of the song, and they had plenty of bass at the beginning of that song, whereas a simply "good" set of bookshelves, or the ones I made (Hivi 3.1/Swan M3,) have just enough bass to savor and not have it get missed easily, but not what I'd call plenty.

For reference I have an like the sound of the Audio Technica AD900, a bright headphone and would say that it has audible bass, but not quite enough as sometimes I have to listen for it.

My JH Audio Lola, (3 way IEM with 8 drivers time aligned) typically makes me critical of speakers as they don't often sound as good (ignoring soundstage obviously.) From memory, the B&W 800 Diamond, Elac Argo, and Focal Kanta No3 are things that seemed promising enough for me to not miss my Lola when listening to speakers, though the B&W was playing some odd music and might have some coloration or it could have been the room. I wasn't familiar enough with the song which featured no real instruments and had an autotuned vocalist. (Human Nature by Sevdaliza)

Where I'm coming from: I'm in the $10k speakers and $1k amp camp, value accuracy, and by that I mean the Etymotic sound signature with a touch of bass like the ER4-XR, or a Focal Twin6 in a treated studio where I used to work, and use original releases of un-remastered CD's and solid state amps whenever I can to avoid added harmonics, noise floor, and dynamic range compression.
Steven many dealers wait until there is a release update from the manufacturer or from their dealer rep.

At this point no one from Elac or their reps have forwarded anything about   the new Argo line to us and I am sure that means other dealers, they are still probably putting the finishing touches on the production process and the product. 

We will also be ordering a set of these speakers as well. 

The Argo seems to be one of the best of the new active speakers we are also ordering the new Dali Caliston  Active speakers as well. 

So that will give us three highly rated actives the Kef ls 50, the Elac Argo and the Dali Calisto for our clients to choose from. 

Exciting times for those music lovers looking for a more simple solution to getting great music in their homes and who want something better than the world of Sonos and other simillar types of products.

Dave and Troy
Audio Doctor NJ
Hi,

(I posted this in another audiogon discussion and then I saw that hificrazed has adantes pair with parasound, so I thought I'd post here as well) 

I own the ELAC Adante AS-61 and I'm currently looking for an amp and preamp to match with them. Hifi is a relatively new hobby for me so I'm not able to describe how the speakers sounds yet. I believe this takes some experience.

I was contemplating getting the new Parasound (hint 6 or p6/a21+/a23+) when I saw a used accuphase e560 (pure class A amp rated at 30W) for $4000. The accuphase is apparently much better quality but i contacted elac to check on the power and Andrew Jones responded saying "The accuphase is way underpowered. Go with the Parasound".

Anyone here has experience with the adantes paired with parasound gear? Do share your thoughts. And how do they compare to say Naim, Accuphase, Mcintosh, Yamaha (A-S2100/A-s3000) or Audio Alchemy amps.

Thanks 😁
The Adantes with Parasound amp sounds quite nice. The Adantes do open up nicely about 4 months with regular use IMO. PARASOUND is somewhat on the warm side and Adante need this kind of amplification to sound their best. 
Op we sell both brands and recently setup a Parasound P5 with an A23 power ampliifer for a YC based record company, the two brands really do work very well together and the new Hint 6 is a terrific piece in terms of getting an excellent dac with a preamp and phono stage. 

At the price the new Parasound Hint 6 with the AS 61 makes an excellent package. 

If you have any specific questions please feel free to PM us

Dave and Troy
Audio Doctor NJ