Dynaudio Focus 360 - Thoughts/Experiences?

Looking into a possible upgrade from our Meadowlark Ospreys, and, among others, very interested in the 360s. Budget is limited to 4g/used market, so we can't consider much above the 360s in the Dynaudio family (WAF will not work with the likes of the Contour or Confidence models anyway). It has been advised by more than one audiophile that Dynaudio generally proves good synergy w/ SimAudio power? Access to an audition is difficult, as we do not have a dealer within a 5 hr. drive of us, so we must rely largely on research and perhaps an audition opportunity when traveling. Appreciate your thoughts and experiences ~
http://forum.audiogon.com/cgi-bin/fr.pl?vopin&1250715540&read&keyw&zzpracticing%20music
mbump

Showing 1 response by valinar

A couple of months ago I was at a Dyn dealer to audition a pair of Confidence C1s. In the same room was a pair of Focus 360s. They were powered by T&A pre/ power and cd. The T&A setup has a rather taut presentation with a solid control. To my ears the 360s were a bit bloated. Of course I was comparing them to the C1s at the time. I spent about an hour with the C1 and only about 15 minutes with the 360s.
My personal recommendation would be to look for a used pair of Contour 3.4. In the past I had a pair of the 1.4s driven by Simaudio W5; a very good match. Has your wife seen a pair of the Contour 3.4s in person. They have narrower footprint and may be easier to integrate in the room from a design perspective.