Dynaudio C2 with Plinius 9200

G'day all

I would like to ask the advice of fellow Dynaudio/Plinius owners and fans.

I am considering upgrading my speakers to Dynaudio C2's and im wondering wether my Plinius 9200 would be adequate to drive them or would i need to upgrade to a bigger Plinius amp.

My room is approx 15' x 18' and i generally only listen at low to moderate volumes so will the 9200 still give me the kick??

Thanks very much
johnno35

Showing 2 responses by mapman

Ok, Dkzzz I realize now you are right and the rest of the world is apparently wrong.

Dyn's s--- despite the considerable evidence to the contrary. And they do not have any treble. Why would anybody pollute their systems with such Danish garbage?

Lord knows why people drop such large amounts of hard earned cash on them so easily.

Do you offer market tips as well?
Johnno35,

I suspect from my experience with small Contour 1.3 mkIIs that most Dyns, including larger Confidence line models, like power and current...the more, the merrier.

And, they are not the easiest load to drive, so doubling power into 4 and even 2 ohms might help more than just throwing more watts into 8 ohms at them.

My Contours sound more flushed out and fuller now at most volumes on a 120w/ch Musical Fidelity A3CR that largely doubles into 4 ohms than they did earlier on a Carver m4.0t that pushed 360w/ch into 8 ohm but only marginally more into 4.