Dynaudio Audience vs. Contour

I'm putting together a media room/family room for both HT and music. I love the sound of Dynaudio speakers, but I'm not sure whether to go with Audience 52s or Contour 1.3 mk2 for my front LR speakers.

I love the way the 52s sound... the Contours seem to have crisper highs, but I'm not so sure about their tonal balance or how listen-able they are. They don't seem to be as "musical."

Please post opinions! Audience vs. Contour!

Thanks.

Dan
dschen5
Dan, I have heard Dynaudio speaker with lesser electronics before and they just don't sound as good as they should. The issue is especially true if you plan on using a surround receiver. When all five speakers are going, there just isn't enough clean power being deliver to the main speakers.

Croos over to a high quality powered sub at 50-60Hz will solve the amp power issue, but you will also need a good digital processor with very clean bass management.

So the best way to go would be to have a good CD/DVD transport sending a digital signal to the surround processor and have the surround processor to adjust the cross over. Some of the newer surround pre/pros have variable digital bass management that can even solve bass loading problem. Check out B&K Ref50 or Anthem AVM20 or the newer Rotel pre/pro. I think the Rotel receiver can only do a fixed cross over at 80Hz and it might not be done in the digital domain.

The other option is go with a dedicated amp and just use the receiver as a preamp. You can pick up an used McCormack DNA or Aragon 4004/8008 for $1k. You can get have the cake and eat it too.
Thanks Ejliu-
I will be using a powered sub... the Rel Q100.
The Rotel 1055 is supposed to have an excellent digital processor. I am also using a good transport... the Sony 9000ES. As far as digital bass management, I'm not sure. If anyone has further advice, please post it.
The 1055 does have pre outs (in fact you have to use a separate poweramp for 6.1 or 7.1) that I could use if need be (I have an old NAD 3300 amp I guess I could fire up). I'm just not sure which speakers would use it.

Thanks.

Dan
Wow.
I received my Contour T2.1 today.
This thread is moot.
With the Audience 50 playing the Left channel and the T2.1 playing the right channel, certain things are clear.

First, they blend beautifuly... clearly, the tonal balance is very similar.
However, the sound stage and clarity of the Contour are clearly superior. What music!

Even way under powered on my old Onkyo Receiver (my Rotel has yet to arrive), they sound gorgeous.

And the bass. The bass is deep, warm and tight. It is incredible. I wonder if I made a mistake getting the Contour 1.3mk2, Rel sub and Osiris stands. If I could, I would trade them in for a pair of T2.5s or Contour 1.8s.
I'll get more thump from my sub, but not the exquisite lows that the Contours themselves generate.

God I love Dyns!

Dan