Dust Covers

Anyone got any tips for polishing dust covers.

Mothers plastic polish is great and available at most automotive parts stores. It is quick and easy and only costs about 5 bucks for a lifetime supply.
Happy polishing,
Novus plastic polish #2 or #3. I heard they sell it at the Container Store, but I'm not sure about that.
The best I've tried is definitely 3M Swirl Mark Remover. I know a lot of high end dealers use it. It works well for both acrylic and plastic dust cover. The effect normally last a few weeks.
McGuire's non-scratching automotive polish does a nice job. Then use regular car wax to fill in any deep scratches that won't buff out; they'll almost disappear. Clean up with Endust for electronics (spray in a can) & a lintfree blue paper towel.
I use the same swirl mark remover as Rdr4b. But for deep scratches I first use automotive wet or dry sandpaper starting with 400 grit and moving on up to 1500 grit and a lot of water and elbow grease. Then I polish with the swirl mark remover.
There were alot of ideas posted about a month ago on this topic. You might want to look back at these.

If you're talking about removing swirls and such, I can't help you. But I've been cleaning my VPI dust cover for ten
years and it looks as good today as when I bought it.
What do I use? Glass Plus and paper towels!
Mahalo for all the input.

I'll give these products a "swirl."

Maybe all the elbow exercise will help my golf game.


Hi Dan,

Aloha! I second the Novus. They also sell these at your local plastic store like Tapp Plastics. (You can find these in the yellow pages, they make acrylic covers for memorabilia collectors, businesses, etc.) I bought mine at the Container Store in Chicago. It is easy to use. I believe you apply #1 on the deep scratches, and #2 on shallow ones, and then #3 to polish it off. Works great!

The biggest problem for me choosing the fabric to polish. I love the micro-fibre cloth used for my eye-glasses but it is simply too small. All other cloth leaves residues.

Any suggestions?
Use the Tork-909 car polishing pads. You will have to get them at an automotive paint store. You can get the wet-or-dry sandpaper and polish at the same time.