Does Krell still convert KSA 250 into MDA monoblocks

I have a KSA 250, and would like to purchase another one if Krell, or someone is still able to convert them to monoblocks... any help would be appreciated.  Maybe a private shop would do it if Krell doesn't anymore...

128x128arrowav8r

Showing 3 responses by georgehifi

ooops wrong quote above, arrowav8r  last post was for you.

Cheers George

rcprince2,619 posts04-29-2016 12:10pmI'd suggest you call Krell and ask, as well as whether they bridge the amp to create the monoblock or do it another way. Given my recollection of the KSA 150 vs. the MDA 300s and the KSA 80 vs the KMA 160s, I would think that the amps are not bridged, as the bass control of the monoblocks was superb (of course, so were the stereo versions as well).

The mid range and tweeter duties would be left up to one amp, and would most probably stay within it's class A bias.

And the other would only have to do the bass. So both will be asked to do a lot less work.

The result could be even better than having bigger Krells mono's and not bi-amping.

Cheers George  

If they just bridge each channel of a KSA250 to make an MDA monoblock, then your better of just staying with the KSA250, as bridged amps don't have the same bass control, as their damping factor is reduced as well as other things.

You could get another KSA250 and then bi-amp, that would be a better way to go in my opinion if your speaker allow it, I think the Aerial 10T do.

Cheers George