Do you find yourself turning down the bass on Coldplay albums?

I love Coldplay, but I have to scale back the bass on a lot of their tracks.  Do you notice the same thing?

128x128mikeydee

Well for example I just streamed Viva la Vida from my ripped music library and nothing special happening bass-wise there. I even measured with a sound meter app to confirm.

What is your music source? What else are comparing to?

Don’t know why only Coldplay would have the issue. Are you a Coldplay fan? Maybe it’s just a special focus you have with Coldplay. Nothing special bass-wise with them in general I can detect.

Maybe a loudness wars thing perhaps if you are comparing most any newer pop recording to older releases say pre-1990s  

If you are turning it down, that must mean you have it turned up.  I think if you play without equalization you won't have aprobem on most systems.

Nope, never occurred to me - and couldn't if I wanted to as I have no tone controls and haven't since like 1981. 

I just open the trash bin and put em in there with Celine Dion where they belong.

Exit Music (for a film) seriously challenges a system. The droning tones in that track as it builds is a bit…much at times.