Diana Krall

I was in Fort Lauderdale last Thursday and saw/heard Diana Krall.  Second time, first was in Wilkes Barre PA after Wallflower cd, this one after her recent one.  Two quite different concerts, both outstanding.  This one was "jazzy", an upright bass, a drummer, guitarist, fiddle/violinist (and a pianist/vocalist).  5 great musicians on the stage, and a wonderful singer.  She is wonderful live.  Highly recommended, as equipment reviewers often say.  Worth the price of admission.  
rpeluso
jssmith, might I suggest a disc by Anne Murray called Croonin'?  From 1993.  As an example of a quality recording of what I consider good female vocals, you might too?  
@whitestix  Thanks for mentioning Karen Souza.  I looked her up on Amazon, listened to several samples and ordered her 3 CD "The Collection" for $12 and change!  What a deal!!  She has a unique sound.  Everything I heard had a very bluesy vibe to it.  She purposely sings just off the note and then slides up to the note.  Sort of a vocal approach to what Gershwin was well known for doing instrumentally.  She takes a very unique approach to well known songs from various artists.  Should be a fun music adventure.
Nothing negative here!  On my way to see her tonight (Raleigh/Durham) for the 4th time.  Interesting to hear that theres more players.  The earlier shows I saw were small arrangements like Trio.  As for stage presence I obviously like her shows.  I do remember my first one at Radio City Music Hall shortly after she was becoming a little more well known.  I bet she didn't say 3 sentences all night.  Played awesome show and got up and left.  She didn't have to say anything cause the nailed it in playing.  I couldn't be happier.  She talks a little more these days and tells stories.  As for recordings I have them all including the Christmas album.  Yeah I'm a fan!

Oh yeah btw, I just checked the ticket stub from NY.  That was 2002 for $33 :)
Hifiman5,
You made my day with your post about getting into Karen Souza.  Her music is in constant rotation in my system.  

I lament the negative posts in response to the OP's perfectly honest question.  He digs her and simply wanted to share that awareness with others on his music forum -- he did not ask for feedback.  What purpose does it serve yourself or anyone else to denigrate such a widely-acclaimed jazz artist?  Take a deep breath and think about what the effect might be when you post such snarky comments. My feeling is that it is bad karma.