Counterpoint NPS 400 w/ Electrostats

Hi: Just wondering if anyone has had experience running electrostats such as Innersounds or ribbons such as Magnepans with Counterpoint NPS Series amplifiers. I know Michael Elliott recommends in his manuals that these amplifiers should not be used with very low impedance loads, however his NPS 400 is rated at 400 watts into 4 ohms. Thank you.
somut

Showing 1 response by jafox

One of my favorite audio values out there is the NPS400. It so severely embarrassed the ARC CL150s I had been using before. The NPS400 controlled Maggie 3.3 and 3.5 that I owned and loved for many years. The Wolcott mono amps brought on a little more bloom but the NPS400 was a great amp here. When I changed to SoundLab A1 speakers, the NPS400 continued to greatly impress me. Never was the sound strained that often goes with an amp running at its limit. I now run with the CAT JL-3 which is in a whole different league of price/performance, but when I had to return to the NPS400 when I needed new tubes for the CAT, I realized what a keeper this amp is.