Comments Sonus Faber Electa Amator's II

I own the Sonus Faber Electra and am wondering if a trade up to the Sonus Faber Electa Amator's II is worth the money (lots) for the sound results. My system includes the BAT VK-D5 CD Player and the Bow Wazoo Integrated amp. I have heard people say these are wonderful and others say they are dry and the first Electra is the best. Last week end, I heard the Vienna Acoustics Beethoven Speaker with the Plinius 8510. They were musical, great on vocals, sound stage okay, etc and I liked them. Several months ago, I heard the Sonus Faber Concerto Grand Pianos. I also liked them but the bass seems limited. I am in no hurry to make a decision. Speaker size is a major concern so they need to be small (like the Beethoven). Since my existing Sonus Faber Electra's have no bass, a full range Speaker is my goal priced up to $5K (if needed, under 4K is preferred). Comments on the Sonus Faber Electa Amator's II and others are requested. There are too many speakers in the market today. What else should I listen to?
hgeifman

Showing 1 response by tedbear200

I own a pair of Electa Amatour II's and find them to be outstanding...exceptional midrange and enough Bass to satisfy most, while i agree with the the Jman that Sonus Faber has replaced the tweeter in the II's with a less expensive tweeter than in the I's, i must say that the high's are still better than most speakers have to offer....by the way i replaced a pair of B&W 801 III's with the Sonus Faber product......mate the Sonus Faber speakers with the right amp and you will acheive a piece of musical nirvana...