Classe Cam-200 or Pass Labs X-150

Is it worth the dough to go for the Classe mono's? I am at a decision point of the X-150(used 2000.00) or a nice deal through my local guy on some new CAM 200's. I am using Martin Logan Aeon 2's. I would appreciate any opinions on these two fine amplifiers(Classe mono's=2) Thanks- I am ready to pull the trigger- krelldog
krelldog

Showing 1 response by mikesinger

i have had a chance to hear the classe cam mono's not the pass labs.

what i did hear stopped me in my tracks ( sounded like live music as i was walking by, that is very unusual).
i ended up listening to the system for over 2 hours. imo they are a fantasic sounding amp that i could live with for a very, very long time.

i own pse studio v mono's and the classe cams are the only amp that i would replace them with. the cams are a bargain. where can you get mono's that sound that great and will push anything ?

they do have a sweet sound at the top end but they are are also neutral and will pass a musical source to the speakers and have no problem painting a colorful sonic picture(i never heard a krell or a mark levinson pull that off, they have a tendancy to be grainy or dark sounding).

it is rare thing for a solid state amp to have the positive attributes of tube and solid state mixed together. the clasee cams do.

I dont think you can go wrong with them.