Classe Cam-200 or Pass Labs X-150

Is it worth the dough to go for the Classe mono's? I am at a decision point of the X-150(used 2000.00) or a nice deal through my local guy on some new CAM 200's. I am using Martin Logan Aeon 2's. I would appreciate any opinions on these two fine amplifiers(Classe mono's=2) Thanks- I am ready to pull the trigger- krelldog
krelldog
Krell and Classe/Pass take quite different approaches to making music. Perhaps I am misinterpreting your name but I used to have a KSA100 that I liked but I have now moved on to more mellow sound too. You pose a tough question...I have heard the CA200 (single amp) and the X150, at different times unfortunately, but liked both immensely. The Classe was perhaps a little warmer and the Pass a little more detailed but both were equally satisfying. But again, they were in different systems so take my comments with a grain of salt. Anyhow, my $0.02 and I am curious about what others have to say about this comparision. Either way though, they are both fine amps IMO. Good luck! Arthur
i have had a chance to hear the classe cam mono's not the pass labs.

what i did hear stopped me in my tracks ( sounded like live music as i was walking by, that is very unusual).
i ended up listening to the system for over 2 hours. imo they are a fantasic sounding amp that i could live with for a very, very long time.

i own pse studio v mono's and the classe cams are the only amp that i would replace them with. the cams are a bargain. where can you get mono's that sound that great and will push anything ?

they do have a sweet sound at the top end but they are are also neutral and will pass a musical source to the speakers and have no problem painting a colorful sonic picture(i never heard a krell or a mark levinson pull that off, they have a tendancy to be grainy or dark sounding).

it is rare thing for a solid state amp to have the positive attributes of tube and solid state mixed together. the clasee cams do.

I dont think you can go wrong with them.
I TRADED MY KRELL FPB-250MC MONO BLOCKS FOR A PAIR OF THE
CAM-200 MONO AMPS. THEY ARE VERY WARM AND FLEXIBLE WITH
WHATEVER EQUIPMENT YOU ADD TO IT. THE RETAIL PRICE OF
$4000.00/ PAIR IS A STEAL. MY CLASSE DEALER WILL GIVE YOU
A GOOD DEAL ON A PAIR. I'VE OWNED MINE FOR A YEAR.
THEY REALLY SHOT MY IDEA OF MORE $$$ IS BETTER WHEN IT
COMES TO BUYING AMPS. THEY ONLY WEIGH 60 LBS. EVEN A GAL
CAN MOVE THEM AROUND. THE ABSOLUTE SOUND STILL RATES THE
CLASSE MONO'S AS THEIR "BEST BARGAIN". THEY LOVED THE SOUND.
GOOD LUCK.
SALLY
Go with the Classe as I run two Classe 25 bi-amped and Martin Logan Acsents and I'm very happy with te sound.
Classe and Logans work great together!
Good Luck!
Both of this amps are good.I have spend time listening
to classe they are very musical, Pass lab are warm
sounding, more detail.Have you considered plinius sa 100,
this amp, Its a very very goood amp, I used it with my'
martin logan quest.Its only my 2 cents opinion,at the end
its your choice, and your preference.
I own the Classe cap-100 and will be forking out for the cam-200 end of this year. Classe products are very nice and most people can easily live with them for a long time disregarding of what their musical tastes are.
Check out the new ARC 150.2. End of story for anything near it's price. Giant Killer.