Choice: ATI 3000 or ODYSSEY STRATOS PLUS ?

Hello.
I just upgraded my speakers to Focal Chorus 836 .
I need to upgrade my amplifier.
With my budget, and I want to buy new , I am looking at ATI 3000 or Odyssey Stratos extreme.
I am looking for advice or insight on these amplifiers. The system is in a fairly big room, so the thought is I need some power.
The budget is 3500 dollars . It has to be build in America.
Comments and insights appreciated.
Thanks.

rockanroller

Showing 1 response by mofimadness

I haven't heard the ATI gear, but have owned almost every Stratos amp model that Klaus has made.

I started with a Stratos, then a Stratos Plus, then a Stratos Extreme, then a Stratos Dual-Mono (my favorite), then the Stratos Monos and finally the Stratos Mono Extremes.

I really liked the sound that these produced.  However, after a few years, I grew tired of the Odyssey "house" sound.  Nothing wrong with it, all manufactures have a their own house sound, but I just needed a change.

If you really have a budget of $3500, you MUST try the Belles 350A Reference.  Made in the USA and David (Belles) is a master designer.  Belles is not very well known, but is a fantastic line of audio equipment.  These have more power and deliver more current than the Odyssey amps.

http://powermodules.com/350a.html

You should be able to get a used 350A Reference V1 for under $1500.  The V2, I've seen for around $2000 used, but I've owned both and have a couple of friends who moved up from the V1 to the V2 and wished they hadn't.  I agree, the V1 is the better of the two versions.

Hope this helps and doesn't confuse the issue any.