Changes in my life, new system, need new speakers

So I have moved into a new place, and have a very very small family room. Also got hit by a power surge and were taken out. I am working with insurance (slow) and manufactures (ever slower). But for now I have gone from an Audio Research LS5 MK III and Odyssey Kismet mono blocks. To an NAD M12 and M32 which I have 0 complaints about even coming from tubes and Class A’s the NAD Masters series just sounds amazing to me. But this new sleek looking system in my modern family room is kind of an eye sore with my current JM Lab Mini Utopia speakers. Now by no means am I giving up my Mini Utopia’s they will go with the Audio Research and Kistmet’s when I get a bigger place. For now I am going to the NAD stuff because I really like it and I want a small sleek amazing sounding bookshelf to go with the setup.

I was looking at the LS50 Meta initially but I do have the budget for more. Then I was looking at the Monitor Audio Gold 100 5g which used is right in my $2500 budget.

I listen to everything but mainly Classical, Jazz, and Rock and whichever bookshelf I pick will be matched with an SVS 3000 Micro

I am not looking for you to make a decision for me. I am looking for amazing sounding bookshelf speakers in my $2500 budget (used speaker budget) or if i am better off keeping the Mini Utopias for now.  If I do find something it would be nice if they were a step up from the Mini Utopias.   I will do my own research and testing, just looking for speakers people recommend and the reason why. Then this summer when I get a house I will have two amazing systems.

128x128justinrphillips

You have REAL good speakers. Just cause they are a little older does not matter. Top of the line. The KEF you mentioned would sound like toys compared. Need to get out and listen. My bet is it would take at least 5k to top them unless you just want a different flavor. 

I’m thinking of changing course myself and have been intently perusing anything about the new Revival Audio Atalante 3 monitors.

Reviews are hard to come by as it’s a new entry but some one preferred it to his Dynaudio Special 40 which gets fatiguing for him after a while. The North American rep tried them with a 15wpc Leben CS300 and a Sudgen 30wpc integrated and loved the sound so don’t let the 87db rating steer you away. Here’s the first full review I could find

:

Oh, and they go for $2399.00

All the best,
Nonoise

The winds of change…. If I were looking at compact speakers I would be looking at Falcon.