CD UPGRADE $5000.00-$7000.00 RANGE

Lately I have been reading good things about the following CD players:

1. Resolution Audio Opus 21 modified by Great Northern sound, reference mod $5000.00
2. Esoteric X-03-$7700.00
3. Ayxe-Cx-5-Approx $5000.00

Has anybody compared or heard any of the above three?
Would appreciate any opinions regarding the above or another choice in my price range. Would prefer SACD capability which I believe would be available in the Esoteric and the Ayre.
kjl
I would suggest you add Audio Research CD3 MkII to that list. Redbook only but what a sound! I just got it. The only drawback for some people would be that it is a top loader. If you have top shelf available for a cd player it's no problem then. On redbook performance this unit may outperform some more expensive SACD players especially when through the balanced outputs. Best of luck.
My favorite, and reference, is the Naim CDX2 @$5350 with an amazing upgrade path by adding the Naim XPSII power-suppy. You can read my review of the CDX2 and the recently posted review of the XPSII at www.positive-feedback.com.

Yes, I am bias. But it truly is a great player and with the XPSII it can be raised to a whole new level when you are ready.

John