Cataloging Question

I have an unusual request for help.  I catalog all of LPs in alphabetical order.  I have just listened to, (several times now) and need to put away:

Dave Rawlings Machine-"Nashville Obsolete", (which, btw, is EXCELLENT.  Recorded in a custom, all analog studio).

I have several Dave Rawlings albums which are under Rawlings, Dave.  So should this go under the same or under "D", (Dave Rawlings Machine)?  It is the name of a band, not a single artist.

How would you catalog it?  Thanks!
128x128mofimadness

Showing 4 responses by riley804

there are musicians that did solo stuff or were in a band and I just put all of there stuff together as then I know where it is
just put it all together , you are the one that listens to the music and you are the one that has to know where its at.       

just seems you are making a mountain out of a molehill out of this.

You sure don't have to participate..

I didnt know that i needed your permission to participate in a thread you started , which you asked for members opinions / input.

i just find it hard to believe that you havent come across this issue before?            
you didnt waste my time....but if you look at my first reply, I mentioned to put all the albums together so it would be easier to find them when you want to listen to them.         
 then you made the comment of  the other artists and whether it be solo stuff or group stuff and where to put it......and again, just put it all under one artist.     
but I make the comment of that you are making more out of this and you got all bent out of shape.   

what I dont get is what does it matter how you catalog your albums or the next person does theirs.   if they do theirs a different way then you do, are you now going to change yours around to be like theirs now ?