Cataloging Question

I have an unusual request for help.  I catalog all of LPs in alphabetical order.  I have just listened to, (several times now) and need to put away:

Dave Rawlings Machine-"Nashville Obsolete", (which, btw, is EXCELLENT.  Recorded in a custom, all analog studio).

I have several Dave Rawlings albums which are under Rawlings, Dave.  So should this go under the same or under "D", (Dave Rawlings Machine)?  It is the name of a band, not a single artist.

How would you catalog it?  Thanks!
128x128mofimadness
I'd put in my collection in the way that's easiest for me to find.  

Elvis Costello, Elvis Costello and the Roots, Elvis Costello and the Attractions, Elvis Costello and the Impostors... they all go together.

Roger Waters, David Gilmour, Pink Floyd... they all go in different spots... "W", "G", "P".

What works for me might not work for you, just figure out what works best for you and be consistent about it.
That’s where I’m having the problem.

Elvis Costello and...
Neil Young and...
etc...and

These I put under Costello or Young, but;

Ritchie Blackmore’s Rainbow or
Todd Rundgren’s Utopia

I put under R and U because they are the names of the band.

This isn’t Dave Rawlings’ Machine, (that would go under M for Machine), it’s Dave Rawlings Machine.

I wonder how the National Archives would catalog this? How about a record store?
just put it all together , you are the one that listens to the music and you are the one that has to know where its at.       

just seems you are making a mountain out of a molehill out of this.

just put it all together , you are the one that listens to the music and you are the one that has to know where its at.      

just seems you are making a mountain out of a molehill out of this.

I was just interested in how everyone else would catalog this album.  You sure don't have to participate..
You sure don't have to participate..

I didnt know that i needed your permission to participate in a thread you started , which you asked for members opinions / input.

i just find it hard to believe that you havent come across this issue before?