Can I place outdoor screen over air vents on top of my amplifier vs. dust/hair entering?

Just wondering whether I can place outdoor screen material over amplifier air vents on top of my gear to prevent dust/hair from entering. Thank you!
audiobrian
Everything I have stays covered with off white silk tablecloths. I live on the delta, between three types of soil. Adobe, sand, and pete. A lot of farming and the santa anna winds. I uncover the valve amps and dust them off most mornings, fire them up and leave everything else covered, except the front of the Preamps. 6-7 years now.

I remove the tops and clean them once a year, They stay very clean NOW. They haven’t even got close to hot, warm if I really push them in the cooler months. HOT summer months the same thing I just do an amp swap. I use class Ds. I swap out at Christmas.. LOL the silk is a beautiful crimson during the seasons..The silk is a natural shed for hair and dust.. plastic all that stuff screens it will collect hair and dust eventually.. Smooth polished surfaces (silk) don’t hold dust or static discharge either.. A toss in the dryer for 1-2 min.. A wash every 3 months in a 5 gallon bucket with woolite, and a 3 bucket rince..20 year per cloth. 40-50.00 per cloth.

Dogs, Bunnies, Wife, kids, goats, chickens..

If we concert, I vacuum up the house real good, have a few people over and uncover my gear.. I keep everything covered now..
To hard to clean, NOW.. LOL

Regards
When not in use,
I cover my amps with dust covers from Stan at radio dust covers. He makes a quality product and can sew in the manufacturers logo if wanted.

https://radiodustcovers.com/
I would think that the material that is used for stopping weeds in the landscape would work. It allows water and air to pass thru and is lightweight.  A small roll should do the trick. Very cost efficient for your experiment.