Cambridge 851A vs Marantz PM8006

Any owners care to weigh in on the differences in sound between these two?  

I am wondering why they aren’t compared more often.  They are incredibly similar and have almost exactly the same features.  They are $1,500 and $1,200 respectively, both have similar power ratings, toroidal transformers, HT Bypass, tone controls and they are both dedicated to analog and do not have built in DACs.  The Cambridge has two balanced inputs and a digital volume knob as apposed to the Marantz’s analog potentiometer, but other than that these two are the perfect competition and are a great addition to any budget setup, especially a home theater setup given the bypass features they both have.  

I’ve heard the Marantz described as “warm” many many times, but what type of sound signature does the Cambridge have?  I have looked around at reviews but nothing that compares the two or at the least describes the overall tone of the Cambridge.
10000_hz_legend
Not sure what you mean by similar power ratings.
8006 spec'd at 70w/ch@8ohms, 100w/ch@4ohms
851A spec'd at 120w/ch@8ohms, 200w/ch@4ohms

Now the CA 651A does have similar specs at 75w/ch@8ohms.

With that said I find CA to be spot on neutral without any coloration, at least with my Klipsch Reference and Heritage speakers.  I currently have a CA 640A v2 driving a pair of Heresy IIs in my bedroom.

Bill

My mistake.  Yea it looks like the Cambridge is almost double the power than the marantz.  It’s just that so many people say the PM8005 is modestly rated and is actually more powerful.  

Good to know that the Cambridge is neautral though.  That helps.
***Not more powerful than the Cambridge, but more powerful than it is stated at 70W into 4ohms.  
Go listen to both in your own setup and system and you are the only one who can decide whixh one you prefer using your own speakers in your own setup and listening room environment.
What are your speakers and front end source components(s)?
It’s all about system synergy.

Don't limit yourself to just these two integrated amps. There are countless other options out there in similar price range. Look at NAD, Rotel, Musical Fidelity M3si, Exposure, Rega, Creek, Music Hall. The Cambridge and Marantz are good for the money. 
Dali Oberon 5’s (On order.  Should be here in a few days).  Apple Airport Express and Teac UD-301 DAC.  

Maybe I will just order each one.  Just seems like a shame to buy and return/sell. 

I am leaning towards the Marantz and would only go for the Cambridge if it is a significantly better match for my setup OR a significantly step up in quality peroid. 
I think the Marantz PM8006 is going sound a bit more organic, but yes, it is warm and does not have a lot of resolution/attack.  The Cambridge 851A is going to have a lot more resolution and sharpness in the sound, more detail and transparency.  At this point, it comes down to your personal preferences.  The Dali Oberon might sound better with the Cambridge because of the more forgiving soft-dome tweeter.  The Marantz would pair well with ribbon tweeters and fast responding speakers.
Looks like I might end up with both.  I will report back which one sounds better with the Oberons.