california audio labs cl 2500 dvd

hi, anyone have access to a review to the cal audio labs cl 2500 dvd player? it was reviewed in stereophile's guide to home theater in feb 2001. the issue is vol 7 issue 2. stereophile is out of that issue and the review is unavailable. if anyone has it or an opinion of on the player i would appreciate it.
zonus
This is one of the best examples of a high end CD player for a fraction of the price. They started making military grade CD players and they are still of that quality but the firmware is dated for DVD playback. You can probably find a mint one for 200-300 and compare it to $10000 units today with little difference. If you do use the DVD it is not high def blue ray but has gorgeous color similar to a Runco projector.
Scott Morris, President

Scott Morris Enterprises WILL UPGRADE FIRMWARE AND REPAIR
ALL 2500 SERIES EQUIPMENT.VERY
REASONABLE AND WAS PART OF THE
CAL TEAM...
1130 Hilfiker Drive

Arcata, California 95521

USA

Email: [email protected]

Phone: 707-825-6808

Fax: 707-667-3759

Very good picture and sound for the money. No doubt but mine developed 2 problems in 3 years. first it stopped recognizing dts music discs , then it recently has manifested a problem whereby it needs to be shut down and back on just to open the tray. The company went under and I guess someone is still repairing them. I want another but the asking prices are too high. Beware.
Zonus -

Not only do I have that review, a copy of, I also have the CL-2500 for sale, and the MCA-2500 5 channel amp!

Let me know your address, and I will send you a copy this week.

Dan