Bryston owners

How many run their amps in balanced mode? The lab report on my unit showed less noise in balanced mode. I have tried it with Mogami interconnects with my current 14b3 and the 14bsst that my son has now. My listening results always choose the regular unbalanced mode. I hear more distortion. With it balanced. I have some better cables ordered. Zaolla silverline. Do most come to the same conckusion?
128x128blueranger
Thanks for the response. The 14b3 sounds better than I imagined. I have the BP17 cubed. One question on it. I find that I have to turn the volume knob to around 3 o'clock for the same volume I had with the BP25 and 14bsst which was at 1:00. Both using unbalanced with the higher gain settings. Is this normal?
Running a pair of Thiel 2.7s with a Bryston 4BSST2. 
I've used several different preamps, including two with balanced outputs.  Since there's only a  short 30" distance between the preamp and the 4B. I couldn't discern any difference between balanced and unbalanced; however, that might not be an ideal setup for checking, as my speakers are 26' away from the 4B, necessitating some long speaker cables. 

If I had to separate the preamp from the amp by any appreciable distance, I'd certainly use balanced.
At present I run my 7B3's unbalanced.. Only because my single ended interconnects are superior to the balanced interconnects I have.. Or so they seem more pleasing to my ears anyhow.. 
But I do run balanced from dac to pre amp...
(((I find that I have to turn the volume knob to around 3 o'clock for the same volume I had with the BP25 and 14bsst which was at 1:00. Both using unbalanced with the higher gain settings. Is this normal?))))

It's actually an advantage that you are higher up on the Volume control.
 VCs sound better when they are almost out of the system.
By you having to go higher its almost out of the system as an influence of less noise better sound.
   Best JohnnyR