Boulder 866 / Rotel Michi M8

Michi M8 big boys against the little sophisticated Boulder 866 all-in-one?
Advantages disadvantages?

I had the opportunity to bring new michi M8 monos with a warranty of $5000, but there are also quite a few good reviews about the Boulder 866...

They play in the same league? 

Thanks!

128x128rolee910

I own the Boulder 866 and it is a outstanding American build product.  Have not heard the M8 but there reviews are quite good.  I can attest that Boulder is a great company and everything is made in house.  Have you had a chance to listen to both amps?

Unfortunately, I don't have the opportunity to listen to them in the area before buying. I'm trying to get informed. What Speaker and system do you listen to?

@rolee910 

Another vote for the 866! It is an outstanding integrated with a superb DAC. I have Rockport Avior ii speakers and the Boulder is superb with them! Good luck in your search! 

Thank you very much guys, the speaker would be 802D3.

The Michi's sound is more similar to the warm-sided Mcintosh according to the info, in some topics you can read that the MC 611 beat it in every respect. Boulder 866, on the other hand, can be a tighter sound with more tangible contours as described, would that be so?

I have both mcintosh 601 and michi m8.they both have meters both sound good but for big speakers the michi is a great bang for the buck and we'll built.the boulders have all the integration and 200/400 watts compared to 1 /1.6 or so on the michi so if you have inefficient speakers or one day buy new speakers that are the michi will cover that.i will keep all those amps for life the mcintosh and michi are built for quality.good luck in your quest there are fewer stores let you take stuff and try it.upscale audio is one with return policy. Enjoy the music .

@rolee910 

I think you are correct with that assessment but part of it is also that the Boulder is very neutral and doesn’t color the sound. It doubles in power from 8ohms to 4 ohms so you don’t have to worry about those impedance dips in the music.