Best Turntable and Tonearm for AT-ML180 Cartridge

I have just acquired an Audio Technica AT-ML108 cartridge and I am wondering if anyone has suggestions as to what tonearm and turntable combination would best mate with it so as to enable this superb cartridge to perform at its musical optimum.

In other words, I want to start with the cartridge and work up stream from there (rather than starting with a turntable and tonearm and then looking for a cartridge).

For reference only, I currently run a completely updated (Khan, Sole, MOSE + Hercules) Linn LP12 turntable with an updated (by Audio Origami) Syrinx PU3 tonearm but am happy to change to whatever will bring out the best of the AT-ML180.
ifanpayne

Showing 2 responses by chakster

Hello, i got two AT-ML180 VM OFC and one AT-ML170 VM OCC in my collection. Fantastic cartridges! At the moment i use AT-ML170 on Victor 7045 tonearm with lightweight Orsonic headshell on Luxman PD441 turntable and i love it. When i bought the AT-ML180 it was on my Reed 3P "12 Cocobolo tonearm on SP10mk2 turntable for some time, here is a picture.  
Last night i replace my AT-ML170 on Victor 7045 tonearm. Few days ago i received my Sylvania Gold Brand 12at7WA tubes to replace my Telefunken ECC801. The AT-ML180 was monted on Grace HS-6 carbon headshell. i really enjoyed this cartridge on Victor tonearm as much as my new tubes.