Best speakers for max. $3000?

I would like to upgrade to some new speakers and I might have a maximum of $3000 to spend if all goes well.
I don't care if they are new or used but my real world experience is limited so I am asking the experts!   I know it is subjective.
  I have Mirage OM-7s now with a HSU sub.  My amp is a Bryston 100B SST.  
Also, I have a chance to buy a set of Thiel CS 2.4s. I plan to try them.   Thanks for any advice!
rmcfee
@helomech This thread is killing me! Now I really have to hear a set of Spatials. Anyone in the Philly area care to let me listen?
I can't believe no one has asked:

1.) what types of music do you generally listen to? 
2.) How large is your room? and in what orientation will you have your speakers.
3.) Do you have 2 to 3 feet to play with in terms of getting speakers away from the front wall?

But to answer your question based on my speakers here are my personal thoughts:

The Thiel's will be excellent choice and have amazing sound stage and are known for their excellent bass response relative to their size. Some complain the metal dome tweeters are harsh.. I don't think so myself.

I currently have and listen to regularly:

*Magnepan 1.7i --For $2200 new and better used price these are incredible but crave a subwoofer depending on your tastes. Great for jazz and acoustic and actually sound incredible for EDM, electronic, and smaller classical arrangements. Picky about placement and you need some real estate to really get them up and sparkling. They crave power. Recommend more than 200 watts/channel if you can. Universally lauded as one of the great values in hifi.

* Spatial Audio Hologram M3 Turbo S (around $2800 new)- Need space from the back wall but these do a lot of things really well. Imaging is wide and images are presented with precision when set up properly. The depth of sound stage is less impressive, but adequate. These will absolutely piss your neighbors off if you want. Personally I also like the minimalist aesthetic to these as well. 

*Gallo Reference 3.1 w/ SA amplifier for the second Voice Coil: --These are seriously special speakers. The CDT tweeter is incredible and with the subwoofer amp will go go down to around to 25 hz fairly flat depending on room acoustics.  These are truly incredible all-a-rounders and sound amazing with most types of music. Spatial cues and top extension are rendered with amazing detail. Are very revealing of upstream electronics, but never harsh or fatiguing. The sound stage is one of the best I've ever had in my home truly these disappear. Can be found on the used market for around $1800-$2500. Currently a pair for sale on another site with the SA subwoofer amp for around $3000. I've been through a fair amount of speakers in my time, and these are permanent, never-get-rid-of classics. Check out reviews and you'll see what I mean. Super duper hype about these when they were new.. And they live up to it. 

*Gallo Reference Strada 2 (essentially the 3.1's without the bass section updated mids and tweets compared to the 3.1's):-- Can be found new on Ebay for around $2k. I got mine used for under $1000. These monitors, with the help of a decent sub or two, will blow your mind and are my current favorites among all of my gear. Small, diminutive form factor wont take up much room, can be placed closer to walls, and COMPELTELY disappear when set up proper. Bang for the buck these are truly wonderful and sturdy little performers. At times they seem to have the same quick transient response associated with electrostatics but will also hit hard with big dynamic shifts in music. They completely fill my 13x23 room to concert levels with no strain... Can Not give them high enough praise.. 
In my experience, you can’t top the Paradigm Prestige 75Fs for dynamics, resolution and balance at this level!
I'm plugging my paid listing here only because the Spatial M3 Turbo S came up in a few posts. Mine (as-new pair) are for sale for well below retail, if you think they're right match for your system. Check the listings.