Best 7.1 pre amp used or demo for 2000.00???

It is time to upgrade. My Adcom GTP 760 is moving on to another room. Now I need a quality pre amp for my main system.( Adcom 300 by 7 and B&W speakers) HT and music are both important. I like the "GEE WHIZ" factor of the Rotel 1098 video display. I realize I would have to look hard to find the Rotel for 2000.00 or so. Is there another pre amp I should be considering? Thanks for your help.
baffled

Showing 5 responses by chadnliz

I almost bought the 1098, but I saved cash and bought the 1068, that screen is useless and "GEEK'S GOLD" if you ask me, who needs to see the movie on that small screen, and as far as using it as a set-up screen it is just as useless because if you are close enough to see that display you can simply reach out and adjust the unit by hand lol!
You may find something else you like from NAD or maybe even look at used Lexicon...or any number of options, just for god's sake dont pay extra for a stupid screen on it lol
P.S. the extra electronics needed for that display cant be good for the over-all signal of audio right???????
The 1068 does not have any display screen, it has the view of most Recievers and such, your TV monitor will allow you to access menus from a distance for easy veiwing, I just dont think that a screen on any Processor serves ANY purpose except to dazzle, and it takes alot more then a 3 inch screen to make me go WOW.
I agree about looking into Parasound, I like there products and have an amp of theirs in my current system.
I notice most are stearing you into more expensive gear and thats great, but if you want new and a warranty of 5 years, for the features you get with the 1068 it is hard to beat for the money, email me if you would like more opinion from me
LOL, One time my wife asked me to tell her my fantasy, and I asked why?.."your not in them!"
I dunno, I like the 1068 pretty good, might be a bit of diminished returns with other more priced gear. I dont think my dads Lexicon is leaps and bounds better so YMMV